Time & Location
About the Event
“Calligraphy is an art form that uses ink and a brush to express the very souls of words on paper.”
― Kaoru Akagawa
Brief about our Instructor:
Alicia Spence is a Toronto based artist and designer who specializes in hand-lettering, illustration and watercolour painting. She loves creating custom artwork and designs and sharing what she's learned in creative workshops. She's taught in over 150 in-person calligraphy workshops and thinks everyone should learn the Art of Writing!
Time & Location
Apr 11, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM IST
Apr 18, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM IST
Classes and Sessions will be held online via Zoom
[ We will record the sessions and provide access to those participants in the week following the sessions who are unable to attend the live classes at the given time]
A Unique Experience of Combining Micro Tales with Calligraphy
a Chance to Get Your Work Published in a Book!
Bringing to you Alicia’s calligraphy classes with extra zing.
Not only you get to learn calligraphy but also use it to paint your words with it.
More so, get a chance to publish your micro tale in a book with us!
Micro tales are tiny stories written in a form of poem or prose. The art is about expressing feelings or telling a story with focus on brevity and impact of words used. Number of lines in a micro tale usually ranges from around 3-10 with 100 as the maximum word limit.
What you’ll learn?
There will be a total of two sessions of 90 minutes each that will be held on weekends.
The first class will be about faux calligraphy where you’ll get to learn gorgeous hand lettering.
Material Required: You’ll need neat and clean sheets of white paper. No need for fancy brushes or pen, any pen will do.
In the second class, you’ll learn how to write micro tales and get to transform your vivid imagination into a micro tale with calligraphy.
- After the class, you can submit a digital copy of your beautiful hand-written micro tale to us and we will print it in a book as a collection of micro-tales if it meets the quality standard.
- All submissions must be in English in any open genre.
- There should be no errors or spelling mistakes.
- You’ll have maximum one week after the class to submit your micro tale.
What do participants get?
- Learn the art of Calligraphy from one of the best Industry experts
- Get published on Paperbacks, Hardbacks, Flipbooks and eBooks with worldwide distribution
- Receive Digital Certificate of Honour for successfully completing the course and for getting published
- Author Royalty per book sale as per regular process
Terms and Conditions
- Participants maybe from anywhere in the World
- Zoom link will be shared after registration before the classes commence.
- The registration fees include access to both the classes and free online submission of a digital copy of your micro tale hand-written in calligraphy to Ukiyoto Publishing.
- Participant needs to pay the registration/ticket fee and after the classes, mail us their micro tale written in calligraphy along with author profile and author photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Content would be curated as and when they are submitted on a rolling basis and participants would be intimated of the same
- As registration/ticket category price increases with dates, to get a better price, you may register now.
- For any queries feel free to write to us at email@example.com
NOTE – 50% amount will be refunded in case your story is not taken up for publication for quality reasons. Remaining 50% would be taken up for Calligraphy classes
- RegularINR 1,500+INR 37.50 Service feeINR 1,500+INR 37.50 Service fee0INR 0